Battle Of The Mascaras


It takes a lot for me to love a mascara.  I'm looking for super black, long lasting lashes, with lots of volume, length and a fanned out look grabbing all of my lashes and for a lot of mascaras, that is quite a lot to ask.  I find that I can sometimes tick a lot of my mascara boxes but not all. Now for my mascara reviews:

Too Faced 'Better than Sex':



Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara creates gorgeous blacker than black lashes every time I've used it which really makes my eyes stand out.
The wand is shaped like an hourglass so it is wider at the ends and thinner in the middle.  When you pull the wand out of the tube it looks as though it picks up a lot of product but this isn't overly dispersed onto the lashes, the wand literally evenly distributes just the right amount of product onto the lashes to create gorgeous lengthened, volumised eye lashes.
The brush is quite big as far as mascara wands go and I was worried that I would end up getting the product all over my lids.  However it is actually very easy to apply and achieve a faultless application.
The packaging of this mascara is really sturdy.  It comes in a quite a big, metallic pink tube that's easy to hold and use.  It feels really substantial and overall for the packaging and the product itself, I really think that it is worth the £19 price tag.
So, is it Better Than Sex?  I guess that depends on who your partner is but one thing is for certain, it is better than any other mascara I've ever tried.

Tarte 'Gifted'



Now this is the kind of mascara that gets me talking. If super, long, thick, curly lashes are your dream then look no further. This mascara just has it all it lifts, curls, lengthens and lasts brilliantly. I don't even curl my eyelashes prior to application, the brush just works it's curly magic as you apply. It coats each lash in a silky, volumizing formula and leaves the lashes lengthy luscious after only one aplication. This is the newest mascara I've tried and it's already straight to the top and I just love the bamboo packaging. 
It’s also supposed to help lash growth which is always a bonus.

Bonjours 1 second mascara:



So, what do I love about it? Well, firstly, the packaging is pretty darn cool - I love the silver tube with the coral branding (the waterproof version is blue) and it certainly brightens up my makeup bag! 
I also love its unique design because unlike traditional mascaras with a fluffy or bristled wand, this one has tiny little balls strategically placed between the wands bristles to ensure the mascara coats every single lash in a 360 degree motion. Paired with the standard straight bristles,
This makes a winning combination and results in long, thick, curled and clump-free lashes. But I do find that I need a few coats to achieve fabulous results.


Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara:



I’d heard quite a bit about the Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara as I’d seen people on my Facebook raving about it, so I was pretty excited to try it. I love the look of false eyelashes but I am WAY too lazy to put them on very often, so I thought this might be a handy alternative to keep in my make up bag and give me beautiful flirty lashes.
The mascara is in two tubes - one is the 'Transplanting Gel', which seems to be a mascara, and the other smaller tube holds the fibre lashes. Basically, you are supposed to use another mascara of your choosing, then go over it with the transplanting gel. Once you do that, you then coat your lashes in the fibres and then go back over with the Transplanting Gel to seal in the product and prevent those pesky fibres from moving from your lashes. I'm not 100% sure if Younique recommends to repeat the process or not, but I don't see why not.
To be honest I'm not a fan of this mascara at all, I honestly haven't a clue what all the hype is about, Sticky lashes that were more voluminous, but looked like fake, ugly spider lashes. This look is so unattractive! I really feel that I have wasted my money and £23 isn't really cheap.

If anyone takes their time to read my blog I hope you enjoyed my in-depth mascara review! I know there are more great mascaras out there, I'll  just have to include those in a part 2 maybe? 

Lots of Love
Caryl Ann xx 

4 comments:

  1. I love Maybelline Lash Sensational..have you tried it?
    I was tempted by these Younique mascaras...but they don't sound too appealing now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I've never tried it. Might have to add it to my wish list.
      Younique is like Marmite, you'll either love it or hate it but as for a fibres mascara I'd suggest Magnifibres, you use it with any mascara you own. It's Brilliant xx

      Delete
  2. Hi lovely! Thanks so much for your comment on my Dorothy Perkins post. I just love your blog, the layout is so pretty! Will definitely be following you on Bloglovin! :) Love this post. I spend ages applying fake lashes whenever I go out and get so frustrated with them. Younique presenters keep pestering me on instagram at the moment to try 3D fibre lash, but after reading this, looks like i've made the right decision to avoid it haha!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much. That has really made my day :) I need to be posting more regularly, I'm neglecting it already after only just starting it up (Oops)
      I think you have made the right decision but some people do seem to like it xx

      Delete