Real Techniques Sculpting Set 'Collector's Edition'

Now who wants to see some gorgeous makeup brushes?! Urm yes please! I'm a big fan of Real Techniques. When I heard they'd released a new set of brushes called the 'Sculpting Set', I knew they had to be mine. I had been lusting after them since the day they were released and I just had to get my hands on them, I finally bought them when they were on offer at Superdrug for only £13.99 (BARGAIN)



The set includes three brushes and they all have a pretty Pink metallic finish, just like the Stippling, Blush and Setting brushes from the original line. As the name 'sculpting' states, these brushes have been designed with the intention to help define the face and most of them can be used with contour 
highlighting products which is the main way we give our face some definition. The three brushes include the Sculpting brush, the fan brush and the setting brush. 

The Sculpting brush has a wide angled shape and dense bristles. It can be used to contour the cheekbones and create a defined line or it can be used with a liquid foundation to buff it in to the skin. I haven't used it yet but I think that's how I'm most likely to use it as I feel it's a little 
dense and too chunky to create a precise contour. None the less it's s lovely brush and one I'll get a lot of use out of.

The Fan brush is exclusive to this set and although I've never really understood the need for these kinds of brushes in the past, since using this, my opinion has changed completely. I've been using it to lightly dust highlighter over the tops of my cheekbones and because the bristles are light and wispy. It applies just the right amount of product to the skin. It could also be used for sweeping fallen eyeshadow from under the eyes or even for a very light contour as the thin shape allows you to add product with precision to specific areas.

Finally, the Setting brush, as you would imagine from the name, this brush is amazing at setting products on the skin, especially under eye concealer and highlighter as the size and shape of the brush allows me to get into all the hard to reach areas. It's also great for any precision work needed around the nose and again, it can 
also be used to contour with.

Overall I think this is a brilliant little set from Real Techniques as there isn't one brush I won't get a lot of use from. I love how they can all be used for different reasons too so you can really play around and see what works best for you.

Lots of Love,
Caryl Ann xx

No comments:

Post a Comment